- Round One Vettel- Australian Grand Prix 2011
- Winter Testing 2011
- Vettel's Title - Abu Dhabi GP 2010
- Awesome Alonso - Korean GP 2010
- Red Bull's Party - Japanese GP 2010
- Master Alonso - Singapore GP 2010
- Forza Italy Forza Ferrari - Italian GP 2010
- Splash Down In Spa - Belgium GP 2010
- Magnanimous Massa - German GP 2010
- Webber Wins In Britain - British GP 2010
- Vettel's Valencia - European GP 2010
- Montreal Magic - Canadian GP 2010
- Red Mist - Turkish GP 2010
- Webber's Wonderful Monaco - Monaco GP 2010
- Webber's Back - Barcelona GP 2010
- McLaren's 1-2 In Shanghai - Chinese GP 2010
- Vettel Wins In Sepang - Malaysia GP 2010
- Start Delayed - Australia GP 2010
- Game On - Bahrain GP 2010
- Testing Testing Testing...2010
- Vettel's Dirty Date With Kate - Abu Dhabi GP 2009
- Button's Beautiful Brazil - Brazil GP 2009
- Land Of The Rising Sun - Japan GP 2009
- Singapore Sling - Singapore GP 2009
- The Magic Of Monza - Italian GP 2009
- The Return Of The Spa Master - Belgium GP 2009
- Barrichello Back To Work With A Win - European GP 2009
- Hamilton's Hungary - Hungarian GP 2009
- Webber Wins In Germany - German GP 2009
- Seb's Silverstone- British GP 2009
- Turkish Delight - Turkish GP 2009
- La Dolca Vita - Monaco GP 2009
- Back To Barcelona - Spanish GP 2009
- Fun In The Sun - Bahrain GP 2009
- Shanghai Surprise - Chinese GP 2009
- Monsoon Rain - Malaysian GP 2009
- Jenson's Coup - Australian GP 2009
- Formula 1 Test Barcelona 2009
- Little Rann Of Kutch
- Welcome To The New PETERJFOX Photography Website
The trip to Budapest is always an enjoyable one. Years of Communism has left this city free of the trappings of Western culture, and therefore a distinct lack of fast food chains and the like. Instead, we have a city full of traditional vibrancy and magnificent architecture. It's a step back into 'Old Europe' with its Gothic spires and magnificent cathedrals, one is almost expecting the werewolf out of Van Helsing to appear at any moment inviting you on a guided tour of the paddock.
Most journeys to circuits these days are a chore, but not this one. The rising sun invites one to drift along the atmospheric avenues as you cross the mighty Danube using the ancient and beautiful Szechenyi Chain Bridge, before a 12-mile motorway trip to the circuit itself.
With just over half the season gone now, the tide seems to be beginning to turn as the likes of Ferrari and McLaren finally have cars they can send out safe in the knowledge they have a realistic chance of coming back with more than just a few points. It has certainly brought this year's championship back to life, with the possibility of one of the most competitive years Formula One has seen.
After the disappointment of the Nurburgring, it was great to see Lewis back at the front and winning. All those hours and hours of nightshifts back in Woking finally paying off. It is a tribute to all at the factory that they have stuck at it and believed that they can turn it round. The relief was there for all to see, especially at the airport on Monday morning. There were a few bleary eyed McLaren boys still coming to terms with the fact that it was Monday morning and they were at an airport. 'Asleep in a bush next to hotel' was the one that made me chuckle.
We must not forget that as I write this, the jovial and popular Felipe Massa is lying in hospital with his family and friends beside him. The fact that he is there at all is a miracle and a welcome one at that. The incident is indeed a frightening example of how dangerous motorsport can be, but it also shows how Formula One's attitude to safety is a constant priority. The design and strength of the modern day crash helmet has never been easy to show in context. We now know different. As Felipe lies in hospital, we can only hope that the damage to his left eye does not prove to be as severe as reports seem to suggest. If it does turn out that we have lost Felipe Massa the racing driver, the young child growing inside Anna Rafaela's body will be blessed in the knowledge that Felipe Massa the father will there on that momentous day when he or she arrives into the world.
To enjoy my images from the Hungarian Grand Prix, please visit the formula 1 section of my website and select Hungary.